Wednesday, November 08, 2006

gospel according to janis


Janis Joplin, though not my favorite singer, is a person(a) that fascinates me to no end. I listen to her music, not often, but fairly regularly, and do feel passionate about a few of her songs. But mostly, I just love to read about her and her life.
So I've been hearing (as I bet you have too) about all these biopics in the works, supposedly starring Renee Zellweger or Pink.
But now there's actually one going into production called The Gospel According to Janis starring...Zooey Deschanel?
I love Zooey Deschanel, I think she has fantastic taste and is a great actress...but they look nothing alike! Zooey is fragile-looking and pretty while Janis has a harsh, pudgy face and was never the most beautiful bird on the pond.
I don't know how this is going to work, but I must say, I'll definitely be there when it comes out. And I really hope they don't fuck up one of my favorites.

3 comments:

-S said...

i'd rather have zooey play her than pink, who originally wanted the part. britney spears was also interested.

Maddy said...

Would you mind telling me how to put a picture up top of your blog? I'm too much of a techtard to figure it out myself. Don't bother explaining if you don't want to, I'm awfully slow.

Ella Gregory said...

why the hell would britney spears play her???? that is so random. did anyone actually see crossroads? it was the biggest piece of shit ever.