Tuesday, January 15, 2008

she's the freak of my desire, and when she dances she sets the world on fire

It's been a long while since I've posted about dear, dear Cory Kennedy. But that doesn't mean I haven't been creeping her new blog http://www.uber.com/corykennedy almost daily. A shoot she did for a magazine (WWD? That's not Woman's Wear Daily is it?) really stood out to me.

I don't really love the cover picture, I think it's a bit of a bad angle, but the photos on the inside are everything (in my opinion) that magazine photos should be: fun, interesting, playful, innovative...
We have Masked Cory, battling an attack of the killer bath bubbles.
We have Elfin Cory, who finds herself atop a msyteriously pale, thin hand
And we have my personal favorite, Mischevious Cory, who seems to be taking advantage of this poor headless soul
And as a bonus because I haven't posted about her in so long, here are a couple more great pictures, from an earlier shoot:
The best part of this picture is the drawing on the chalkboard. A well-accessorized cat and a human? Together? Say whaaat?

Mischevious Cory strikes again!

16 comments:

bronwyn said...

The hand picture is really cute, also I enjoyed the photo's below very much. great find!

Katelin said...

I like the classroom pics, they're so fun. I also like the hand pic, quite clever and weird at the same time.

In Yr Fshn said...

the elfin pic is adorable! I'm a fellow artic monkey lover (saw their first show in NY--David Bowie was there!)... great blog!

Camilla said...

Love mischevious Cory :) Th picture with the mannequin is great, lol

jayne said...

for some reason she doesn't look like a coked out gremlin in theses photos, i love the mask and the last schoolgirl one, the blonde is really striking

Stephanie said...

I love the chalkboard picture too! So fabulously quirky and cute :)

the iron chic said...

"Coked out gremlin!" hahahaha Jayne

Aretha said...

She actually looks so pretty in those pics, her hair is perfect here

Mash said...

she's so gorgeous , I don't know her in France (shame on me :s) . The pictures are amazing and beautiful &hearts

Mash said...

P.S : Yes i understand your french , it's fabulous even with you dont have "accents" on your keyboard :)

maya said...

i like the elfin one, i'm surprised these all came from the same magazine, they all have a really different feel.
if you use paint how do you get the words without a giant box around them?

Francisca said...

Can you answer me something ? Who is she ? actually I still can't figure out where the hell she came from...but I must say those are the coolest pics ever. Any way, I guess her self promotion might helped her bit..xD

Cate said...

i like the photos really much, they're very creative - as are your comments to the photos!
by the way, when i visit her uber blog, i never see any photos (and i think she does post some, but they just never appear on my screen, all i see is a gap where a photo should be)!

and francisca: i can't really understand where the hell she came from, either. apparently she was discovered by some photographer who documents l.a. nightlife or something. sorry if i'm "ignorant"

The Clothes Horse said...

I'm not a fan of Cory K.--but I did like the classroom shoot, she looked like she was messing with the more staid schoolgirl.

Lynn said...

I like the one with the giant hand. Although it's kinda scary: a giant hand is, I mean.

Dilemma said...

I was shocked when she started all this "real" modeling. She's actually not bad!