Sunday, March 15, 2009

getting to know you is something that i chose to do

A blogging pal of mine from way back when, Crazy Eddie, has tagged me in a fun sort of getting-to-know-you (cue tremendously cool Parliament song "Gettin' To Know You") tag that (even though I've been blogging for close to - yikes - three years and some of you probably know me better than I know myself) might offer some insight into my being.
Here are my thoughts, feelings and opinions on...

Music
Photobucket
As you may have noticed, I do enjoy listening to music every now and then. I'd tell you that I love music or that I live for music or that I would be a completely different person without music, but I don't think I have to. It's almost like telling you "I breathe air". Your response (to both questions) would be, "Yeah, so what, me too." In terms of what music I listen to, I think it's no secret that Parliament/Funkadelic rocks my world to no end. The other artists that I've loved most consistently over my life are Prince, Marvin Gaye, Outkast, Michael Jackson, Led Zeppelin and Jefferson Airplane.

Humour
Photobucket
Like Eddie, my life would be a sad tale without the inclusion of humour. What tickles my funny bone most often are Doonesbury, Will Ferrell, Seinfeld, 30 Rock (and most specifically Dr. Spaceman ["Unfortunately, we have no way of knowing where the heart is. See, every human is different."]), South Park and the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Cosmopolitan, other blogs (maybe even yours!) Demetri Martin and a well-timed "That's what she said" will do it for me as well.

Video games



















I don't even give a fuck, I love Sims and I don't care what you think.

Family
They're alright. My dad saw the Grateful Dead a bunch of times.

Bacon Double-Cheeseburgers
Yesss, please.

Dudes
Photobucket
I do enjoy the company of the odd male species, though my blog is specifically a blog that avoids talking about my personal life and most importantly that aspect of my personal life. (Nothing against blogs that are about that, cuz it is entertaining, but I'd be way too worried that someone would say what I'm saying about them!) In terms of fantasy, my ideal man would probably a combination of Andre 3000, Mick Jagger, Hyde, Alex Turner, Glenn Goins and Lester Bangs.

Lindsay Lohan





















I have hated on her in the past, but the truth is that there is something about her I find charming. Not a big fan of most of her movies and definitely not a fan of her music, but I like a lot of her style and think she has a very cool speaking voice. Also, Perez Hilton kind of pisses me off, so I have taken to starting to actually like a lot of the celebrities he picks on, just because I think he's obnoxious.

Corny sunsets















Love 'em. How can you not! The colours, the atmosphere - it's just an all-around good feeling.

Dark art
Photobucket
Well, now that you mention it, I do have some pictures saved onto my computer that if they were people, I would consider them "not to be trifled with." If you're talking dark art as in witchcraft, well, I'm going to have to plead the Fifth on this one (even though I'm Canadian).

My heritage
I am Canadian, as I just mentioned (for those of you with ADD, or short-term memory loss, or the like), but my father is American and my maternal grandparents immigrated from Holland. So, pretty much, I would consider my heritage to be Dutch.

This was such a fun little tag and I won't get all exclusive and tag specific people. If you feel like introducing yourself to your readers a little more (especially if you're a new blogger!), I definitely suggest trying this out.

20 comments:

Daughters of Dawn said...

Great post! I completely agree with the change in the appeal to Lyndsey Lohan, there is something that is quite fascinating and stylish about her minus her acting and singing ability...LOL your courage in opening up about your love for The Sims is giving me the strength to stand proud too. Its just so much fun and addictive!!!
xo
E

Unknown said...

Prince! I love him and thus now I kinda love you. I friggin adore the sims. xx

Eddie said...

30 Rock and Seinfeld (or like my mom says... Steinfeld) are excellent. I love those shows.

So glad you're not one of those bone-heads who won't even look at meat. Not that vegetarians are bone-heads... well, yes they are.

I thought it was exquisite that you kept it true and similarly in order to my blog.

It's true that I've known you going way back to 2006 but I was just wondering what really makes you tick on the regular.

Love ya my darling Molly.

Besitos

Lexie said...

awwwwwwwww i used to LOVE the sims .. decorating the houses was my favorite part.

LOOOVE CHEESEBURGERS. cheeseburger > steak any day.

Anonymous said...

haha love your dark art quote ;)

Diana said...

I just bought the whole Seinfeld series! Every night the past week, we watch a few episodes. I'm going to miss it when it's over.

twenty.seven.cents said...

lol. loved it.
I did it too and I must add, it's quite fun!
Thumbs up for Fresh Prince.. now this is a story all about how my life got flip turned upside down, now i'd like to take a minute just sit right there, and I'll tell you the story about how.... I lost it.. I forgot his rhythm. lol

Keith said...

Hey Molly. That was a really cool post. Great to learn more things about you. You are a very fascinating and witty person. I always enjoy your posts. Hope you have a wonderful week. Cheers!

Twiggy Mod said...

THE SIMS- thee bets video game ever made! I dig it.

FRESH PRINCE-So ledendary, i feel sorry for the youth of today it isnt on screen half as much as when i was growing up.

ACE POST x

Sister Libby said...

Duddde, I totally never thought about the Lohan voice, but now that I think about it, I'm really jealous. I think raspy voices are sexier than sin. And that's a great picture of Alex Turner. There's a guy in my school who looks suspicoulsy like him, but is named Simon. God, I'm just rambling. Well, it was nice learning about your love of The Sims and opinion on sunsets. I will probably do this thing.

Alice X said...

great post! i LOOOOVE the sims too and OMG cheesy sunsets are DA BOMB! excuse my gansternses:)

alicexinwonderland.blogspot.com

Baybay Mama said...

That's great that your dad saw The Dead several times. I never got to see Jerry although I have seen the other dudes a lot. I have tix to their show at Madison Square Garden next month.

Eyeliah said...

I <3 South Park, rated R comedy is the best. Did you see Semi Pro too, cuz it's amazing (so bad it is good!). I saw some news today, though of you instantly.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20265882,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

Katelin said...

can we be best friends now? i freaking love the sims, haha. not even kidding i get so addicted to that game when i play it. oy. love it.

WAT said...

It's okay that you love the SIMS dear. I'm not judging! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

Oh, so your Dad's American! WELL AWESOME THEN! You have some ties to us the annoying neighbor to the South. Well good deal I say my dear!

jess said...

I love thats what she siad jokes. I'm terrible at making them. I'm very lucky I have a friend who is really good at making them.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post!! I feel like I know you even better! ;) I cracked up when you wrote "that's what she said," and yes, 30 Rock always gets me laughing!! :)

Eddie said...

BTW, if you want to properly see my site, you must use the FIREFOX browser. Internet Explorer sux ass. Not sure what you use, but FIREFOX allows you to see my blog the way it's supposed to be. Download FIREFOX - it takes 2 minutes and you won't regret it.

Besitos Molly love.

this wheel's on fire said...

hahaha i love you for sharing this!

Ella Gregory said...

Ok I NEED to watch The Fresh Prince. Haven't seen it in years!