Friday, June 09, 2006

another reminder that war is pointless

We just finished watching "The Patriot" in socials. It is so silly because when they go to war, they just line up and shoot each other. How does this solve anything? Boom boom, you're dead. It doesn't make sense!
It's like at school when two guys go "Yeah, I'm gonna kick his ass. He insulted me/my girlfriend/my family/my sports team." It just doesn't make sense to me. It doesn't solve your problems. It makes them worse.

Did C-Notes on Monterey Pop Festival and "Sybil".

I got 24/40 on my Life Goals essay because I refused to do "The Writing Process", like brainstorming and the like. I argued it up to a 29/40, so at least I didn't borderline fail. Then my AVID teacher and I had a little discussion about acid and Timothy Leary. She's going to lend me Tom Wolfe's "Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test". She also admitted to the class this week that she has tried speed. Interesting...

No comments: