Stuff That Impress Me:
- How somebody manages to find a way to rhyme "ballin' ya" with "angels calling us" in that mediocre Lil' Wayne song "Mrs. Officer"
- Exactly how far VH1 can push their spinoffs. Case in point: The Surreal Life becomes Strange Love which turns into Flavor of Love which produces I Love New York which gifted the world with Real, the love of my short life and Real Chance at Love.
- This whole Miss California debate and how far beyond the point it's reached. Even though I personally believe gay people should be allowed to wed, I've gotta side with Miss California on this one. She was asked a straightforward question and she answered it honestly and, I thought, pretty diplomatically. With all the furor, I'd thought for sure that she'd revealed a forked tongue and screamed "FAGS MUST DIE" into the microphone. I'd really like to establish that I do support gay marriage and I do think beauty pagaents are silly and shallow, but how people are treating her is cruel and damn near hypocritical. She's not actually denying anyone of their rights - she's just saying her opinion.
- This picture. Too. Much. Awesomeness. Cannot. Compute.
- Lady Gaga's acoustic piano performances - how she takes her dance-pop hits and then plays them live just her and a piano, usually incredibly dramatically. I love it, this is how pop music should be.
- Life, and how it always works out. And spring!!