Saturday, October 07, 2006

aaawww, mama, can this really be the end?...down and out in vegas with amphetamine psychosis again?



Katie, I have a feeling you're gonna dig these pictures haha. The artist is Ralph Steadman and he's the illustrator of one of my top-five books "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" by Hunter S. Thompson.. Some memorable lines...

"As your attorney, I advise you to slow down...I can't keep up, man!"

"Do they pay you to screw that bear?"

"Well now, Mister...ah....Duke; you understand, of course, that it is illegal to discharge a firearm of any kind while standing on a federal highway?"
"What? Even in self-defense? This goddamn gun has a hair trigger, officer. The truth is I only meant to fire it once - just to scare the little bastards."
"And you saying, Mister Duke...that you were attacked out here?"
"Well...no...not literally attacked, officer, but seriously menaced. I stopped to piss, and the minute I stepped out of the car these little bags of poison were all around me. They moved like greased lightning."

3 comments:

starbender said...

I only meant to fire it once --
what a classic line! hahaaaa....
:)

-S said...

love the first picture

Anonymous said...

hahahaha
the first picture is awesome