1. PICK OUT A SCAR YOU HAVE, AND EXPLAIN HOW YOU GOT IT. Well I have a purple scar on my knee, I love purple so it's quite lovely actually. I was in North Carolina at a beach house and I with my cousin was walking back to his beach house and then I realized we had gone down the wrong road and their house was the next road down, across a canal. I'm very lazy so I didn't want to walk all the way around the canal so I decided we should swim across the canal. So we jump right in and swim across (and I can barely swim, just dog paddle, really) and when we get to the other side we realized the side it covered with barnacles, sot there's not way to get out. So I ended up cutting my knee on the barnacles getting out. It bled like mad but the beautiful purple scar makes it worth it.
2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM? I should really just take a picture and show you...
These pictures do not do my fantastic room justice. Though there's a bit of my aluminum foil wall, along with a sweet Fraggle Rock poster (hippie muppets win all) in that last picture.
3. WHAT DOES YOUR PHONE LOOK LIKE? I don't have a cell phone. I can't afford it, and besides, I don't want to be contactable at all times. Who knows what I might be up to?
4. WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO? Prince, Love, Jefferson Airplane, the Rolling Stones, Bowie, Parliament Funkadelic, the Mothers of Invention Van Hunt, Big Brother & the Holding Company, Crosby, Stills & Nash, Nico and Michael Jackson (and the Jackson 5) are the main ones now
5. WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT DESKTOP PICTURE? Oooh, it's so excellent, I'll share. That's David Crosby, from CSN(Y) and the Byrds, for those of you who don't know.
6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW? To have been born in 1947. And to be married to Arlo Guthrie. We would have gotten married in...1965, when we were both 18. But we had an open relationship, so I managed affairs with Mick Jagger, Robert Plant, Anthony Kiedis, Prince, David Crosby, Stephen Stills, Graham Nash, Jim Morrison, CC Deville, Keith Richards, George Clinton, Bill Clinton, Brian Jone, George Harrison, Donovan, Marty Balin, Johnny Irion (okay, maybe not as he'd be my son-in-law), Jimi Hendrix, Andre 3000, Jack Nicholson, Rick Schmidlin, Johnny Depp, Mark Wahlberg, for starters. Oh but before we got married, we spent some time living with the Merry Pranksters in La Honda, where I had affairs with Ken Kesey, Neal Cassady and Sandy Dis-Mount. For our honeymoon, we took a vacation to India with Allen Ginsberg, where I became best friends with Marianne Faithfull. I would of course escort my husband to Woodstock. In 2006, we adopt Cory Kennedy and Mary-Kate Olsen.
7. DO YOU BELIEVE IN GAY MARRIAGE? Well, to be honest, I'm not a big fan of marriage at all. More than half end in divorce or seperation and marriage wasn't even invented for love, it was invented as a way to merge two families. That being sad, I think gay couples should have completely equal rights to that of straight couples. To paraphrase my favorite politician of all time, Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Elliott Trudeau, the government has no place in the bedroom of the nation.
(But just so I'm not a hypocrite, marriage to Arlo Guthrie is always okay.)
8. WHAT TIME WERE YOU BORN? I'm not sure I'll ask my mom, haha. I know I was born on a Tuesday, by C-section because I was so late (I was supposed to be born on Mary-Kate and Ashley's birthday!), even then I was lazy
9. ARE YOUR PARENTS STILL TOGETHER? Yes
10. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? The Mothers of Invention, We're Only In It For the Money, "Concentration Moon". My new obsession!! I will be posting on them soon.
11. DO YOU GET SCARED OF THE DARK? It's sort of complicated. I can't sleep in the dark by myself, but when I'm with people I can. I just don't like being alone in the dark. Or seemingly alone. Oooh...
12. THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE YOU CRY? Arlo Guthrie.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE COLOGNE / PERFUME? I don't wear perfume. They all smell the same to me....and it's not a very pleasent smell. And some girls definitely overdo it.
14. WHAT KIND OF HAIR/EYE COLOUR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX? I don't like making specific physical demands, because I always seem to break them. Typically, I love really dark brown hair and green eyes slay me. But I don't usually notice eyes unless they're incredible.
15. DO YOU LIKE PAIN KILLERS? Do I ever...
16. ARE YOU TOO SHY TO ASK SOMEONE OUT? No, too lazy. Plus I don't even want a boyfriend.
17. FAVE PIZZA TOPPING? Pesto.
18. IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE? Some cherries would be delightful.
19. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU MADE MAD? Prince, for being so damn clever with his spelling on "G-Spot". F-I-N-A-L-L-Y....I get it!
20. IS ANYONE IN LOVE WITH YOU? Is anyone not in love with me?
So, Peter Jackson ("Lord of the Rings" guy to me...even though I didn't actually watch the movies) is making the excellent novel The Lovely Bones into a movie and I'm so so excited, as long as Dakota Fanning isn't in any way involved.